Welcome to Yammerific. This blog will chronicle my journey as I implement a project-oriented Yammer group at work. My goals are to:
- Learn the proper techniques for using Yammer for project communication
- Learn the limitations of this type of communication
- Provide exposure to this tool to employees at my organization and promote the use of such tools in place of other existing tools, such as email (as appropriate)
- Provide exposure to this tool to leadership at my organization and achieve buy-in that will hopefully open doors to the use of other social communication tools, both internally and externally.
- Learn how to measure the ROI of using Yammer, and other such tools.
This experiment will double as a capstone project for my master’s degree. I will present the results of my project to my committee in fall 2012 or spring 2013.
Please note: The opinions expressed on this blog are my own. They do not reflect those of my employer.